Tuesday, November 3, 2015

My Love Affair with Morro Bay and Surroundings



One of the reviews for Not as it Seems, despite 5 stars, hinted at the fact that I might have gone overboard describing attractions and restaurants in Morro Bay.I think the above photo of Morro Rock may give you a bit of an idea why I love to visit the area.

Probably the reviewer was right. I mentioned several restaurants and the food eaten by Deputy Tempe Crabtree and her preacher husband Hutch.


Sunsets are spectacular on the ocean. Of course this is Morro Rock, and I've seen such sunsets from several restaurants there.


Another sunset down the road from a hotel in Pismo Beach.

And here's my favorite place to eat breakfast in Morro Bay, The Coffee Pot.


I'm afraid I couldn't help but write about all the places I know Tempe and Hutch would've visited. Yes, she's trying to discover a murderer, but this is also supposed to be a vacation. Tempe tries hard to focus on all the wonderful places they visit--but her mind is always on the clues.



http://www.amazon.com/Not-As-Seems-Marilyn-Meredith/dp/1606594486/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1443103450&sr=1-1&keywords=not+as+it+seems+by+marilyn+meredith

Marilyn

8 comments:

Amy M. Bennett said...

As if the book didn't already make me want to visit Morro Bay in the near future, this blog has really inspired me to start actively planning! Hope the coming year gives me the opportunity! Great post!

Kathleen Kaska said...

What fun! Thanks for taking us on a photo tour of your setting.

Lorna Collins - Author said...

We love it, too. We have some shots of the bay on Larry's old surfing movies. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbmNu5NzIzU. When we're in the area, we always go to the Apple Farm in SLO. Great food!

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Kathleen, you won't be disappointed in Morro Bay. Hope you get to go there soon.

We like the Apple Farm too, Lorna, and of course it's in the book.

authorlindathorne said...

I've been there many times, but it's been about 10 years since the last visit. Not sure if the Coffee Pot restaurant was there when I went, but I love the name of it. I don't think your description of the food and restaurants went overboard. I like cozies because you get a variety of interesting places to visit and fun things to do other than just sitting on the edge of your seat until your butt hurts like often happens reading thrillers. Cozies let you take a moment to smell the roses. I'm back to reading your book again. I had to put it down a few weeks ago when my schedule got so busy I was lucky to get basics done.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Hey, Linda, you should definitely savor the book since your name is in it. I did have fun writing this one.

Jackie Taylor Zortman said...

The pictures are beautiful, Marilyn. Personally, I enjoy seeing or hearing descriptions of the various places that appear in books. Your book is in my Kindle and on my list to read ASAP, but I'm sure you didn't overdo those descriptions. Guess opinions on that are like the various ways people decide to rate stars on book reviews - just personal to each individual.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Hi, Jackie, I may have gotten carried away, I love Morro Bay!