Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Onward and Upward

I haven't a clue (get that, mystery related) what I meant by that title.

While thinking what I should post, frankly, I couldn't come up with a thing. It's drawing near to the holidays and to be perfectly honestly I've been focusing on my Thanksgiving dinner shopping list. Last year we went to a daughter's home for the holiday, which was a good thing because I was really sick with the flu--despite having had a flu shot.

This year, because a lot of people will be around, and by people I mean relatives, I wanted to do the honors. Besides, I love having all the leftovers to keep on feeding folks.

For most of this year I've been occupied with promoting my books, first it was No Sanctuary
that came out in January and then Dispel the Mist which appeared in August. While all that was going on I wrote another Deputy Tempe Crabtree mystery and a new Rocky Bluff P.D.

Another Rocky Bluff P.D. crime novel is due for publication after the first of the year and it all begins again.

Analyzing myself, I have a hunch I just need to take a breather and get back to "normal living." I have no more appearances for the rest of the month so though I do plan to continue writing on my w.i.p., yet another Tempe mystery, I can pretend to be just a wife, mom, grandma and great-grandma.

In December I only have two gigs--a talk at a bookstore (one of my favorites even though it's about a 2 1/2 hour drive) and a two day event in a local art gallery.

Of course I'll still be writing blogs and making appearances on Facebook and Twitter.

Frankly, it'll be nice to slow down a bit and relax--maybe I can get some reading in, mysteries, of course, something I've neglected later.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com

2 comments:

Jean Henry Mead said...

We always plan for the holidays to be relaxing but it seems they're the most hectic time of year. I love giving books as Christmas presents, this year from authors I've interviewed.

Have a happy holiday, everyone!

Helen Ginger said...

Sounds like you deserve to take a rest. You have been very busy!

Enjoy Thanksgiving.

Helen
Straight From Hel