Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! by Christine Duncan

I was going to do a post on Christmas mysteries to continue my posts on holidays reads that help get me in the mood. Maybe I'll do that for my next post here on MakeMineMystery. But you know what, gang? It's Thanksgiving and although the year has been difficult and the economy has hit all of us hard, I've got a lot to be thankful for.

@Jan VerHoeff tweeted a few weeks back about finding one thing a day to be thankful for in the days leading up to Thanksgiving. She suggested using it as a status update. Although I have not always been faithful with posting it as my status, I have been finding that I have a great deal to be grateful for.

I've got what most of us have and take for granted: A great marriage to a wonderful man, healthy, intelligent (grown) children whom I am proud of, a home, a wonderful extended family which includes a couple of sisters who let me call and whine and then help me pick myself up again. I've got work and enough money to pay the bills this month. I've got a good church home, good friends and I've got a new book out.

Just for a minute today, go over your own list. Then rest and be thankful.

Christine Duncan is the author of the Kaye Berreano mystery series. Safe House, the second book in the series was released in September.

1 comment:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and I have much for which to be grateful!