Friday, October 24, 2008

Celebrating My Anniversary

Today we're jumping in the car and heading for Las Vegas. No, we don't go for the usual gambling and shows. My sis and her hubby live there and we're going to spend our anniversary with them. They're taking us out to dinner.

On Saturday, I'll be giving a talk at the most wonderful bookstore, Cheesecake and Crime, in Henderson NV. I'm going to tell what I do to research for my Native American elements in my Deputy Tempe Crabtree mystery series--and most especially the latest, Kindred Spirits, which has a lot about the Tolowa people in it.

We plan to spend the whole weekend with them, won't be doing much writing related stuff.

Now the mystery is, how did the cute sailor I met 57 years ago on a blind date and I actually make it for 57 years as a married couple? (Everyone said it wouldn't last.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Feel good......

Morgan Mandel said...

Congratulations on your anniversary,
Marilyn.

But how can you go to Vegas and not play the slots?

Morgan Mandel
www.morganmandel.com
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

Dana Fredsti said...

I love the name CHeesecake and Crime..